Where to write your Java program??.Before knowing where to write your Java code , you need to have some basic Java concepts. In order to write your Java program , a platform is needed to rely your code on that platform, and that platform is nothing but JDK (Java Development Kit). Upon JDK you will write your code using some applications like ‘notepad’ or some Java IDE’s ( Integrated Development Environment) which will be available in the internet for free like ‘Eclipse‘. But what actually a platform is ? what exactly does JDK do ? , we are here for your answers.
- Platform is a program or software which provides run-time environment to execute an application.
- For example : Operating system (OS) , JDK
- A platform helps in writing your program , it may be any program C or C++ or Java.
- Every language has different platforms , like JDK to write Java programs
- JDK ( Java Development Kit ) is for Java developers which will be helpful in writing the Java programs.
- JDK is an open source software which you can download for free from the internet , after downloading you have to install in your system.
- After installing , for successful compilation and execution of your program you need to set the classpath.
- JDK consists of several tools like JRE , JVM , API which are used while writing a Java program.
- With only JDK you cannot just write your Java program , upon JDK you need to have an application in order to write your code.
- JDK will scan that code and it will compile and then executes your Java program.
- If any errors , it will display on your application which is used in writing your code.
So finally where to write your Java program?
- In current market there are number of Java IDE’s to write your code , these IDE’s are nothing but tools. These tools makes the developers in developing their application very easily and comfortably because of the tool features.
- But for a beginner it’s a quite hard task to understand the tool and writing a Java program.
- For a beginner , most of the websites or the people recommend notepad and command prompt for writing and executing your Java program. But those were the old days writing your Java code in notepad and executing it in the command prompt.
- Now the generation has been changed , our javafrombasics.com would prefer writing in Java editors (IDE’s) than in notepad. But still we would like to take a tour in writing in notepad and command prompt.
- In current market the popular IDE’s are ‘Eclipse‘ and ‘NetBeans‘ and there is another Java editor ‘Editplus‘ where you can write your java program but it is not for free , still you can use it in the trail version.
- After clicking the above link , you will redirect to the eclipse download page.
- Click the 32-bit or 64-bit version according to your systems requirements.
- After clicking the appropriate version , you will redirect to the next page where your download link appears.
- click “Direct link to file” when it appears.
- The advantage of Eclipse is , for eclipse IDE there is no need of installation. Just unzip the downloaded file to a folder and then open eclipse icon.
- Please visit our Eclipse video tutorial to know how to use eclipse for beginners.
- After clicking the above link , you will redirect to the netbeans download page.
- Click the download button as shown in the picture.